Musicals Part 2  

Posted in

Again, these are musicals made into movies.

Sweeney Todd. I can't believe I forgot my newest favorite, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I realize this one was a little gruesome for some and even for me really, but I understood that it had to be over the top. Especially since Tim Burton did it.

I thought Johnny Depp did an amazing job, both with his acting and his singing. It was very David Bowie. And, of course, it had Tim's woman and muse, Helena Bonham Carter, who is amazing.

I loved the songs and the overall dark appearance. I even liked the story, despite the ending.


I'm also embarrassed to say that I forgot the classics like Grease. Grease is just one of those movies everyone loves. This is before John Travolta joined his Scientology cult, and started flying jets to dinner just to prove he can. I liked him so much then.

In this musical everything just came together perfectly. The songs, the people, the dancing, everything worked. Now I know if some of the younger people were to read this they might want another musical set in a high school put On My Lists, but I'm a little too old to have even seen those. I'll have to take the word of the hundreds of people who have bought High School Musical magnets from me.


The Sound of Music & Mary Poppins are two other great musical movies. You apparently can't go wrong with Julie Andrews. I probably prefer Mary Poppins. The Sound of Music feels a little long to me, but they are both great classics.




You can see these On My Lists: Tim Burton & Johnny Depp

If you want any High School Musical 1 & 2 Magnets, you can go to my eCrater store here, or over to the side. I also sell them on ebay but I'm trying to move away from there. So if you want some let me know, or anyone else for that matter. I can do requests.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Friday, May 9, 2008 at Friday, May 09, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones