Waste of time, should have walked out on, Bad Movies  

Posted in ,

As I see it there a few different types of bad movies. Here's what I've come up with so far, but feel free to share yours:

Traffic, the "it's got a lot of big named actors" surprisingly bad movie. Yes, I'm talking about the Michael Douglas, Benicio Del Toro, and a little bit of everyone else you can think of to throw into the pot, horrible movie. There's four hours of my life I won't get back.






Lost in Translation, the "what was the point?" bad movie. What was lost for me in this movie was entertainment. I find that I feel this way about most newer Bill Murray movies, I'm sad to say. Broken Flowers was another one I didn't understand why he'd waste his time with. The only thing I can think is that there just aren't a lot of good roles out now.








History of Violence, the "had great potential but blew it" bad movie. This is one of the few movies I have seen in the theater that I wanted to walk out on, but didn't because tickets are too freakin' expensive to do that anymore. I don't even remember what was so upsetting to me about this movie. Apparently, it wasn't memorable, for one. I just know I felt like it was a waste of potential because it looked so good on the previews, but just didn't deliver.






Eyes Wide Shut, the "what the %$*@?" bad movie. Here we have a case of a movie where you're not quite sure where it's going and so you follow, intrigued. Only to find that there is no resolution in the end. Instead, you're left wondering what the heck just happened. Now it is Stanley Kubrick and so I give it a break based on that, but I was disappointed none the less.






Now, you may ask yourself why there are no B movies on the list. The answer to that is that B movies are not expected to be great and thus you aren't surprised if they're bad.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 at Monday, May 12, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I liked the fact that Bill Murray had a more serious role and knew ahead of time not to expect too much comedy. In that sense I wasn't disappointed, however I was kinda let down that it was boring. Most Western films that take place in Japan perpetuate the same stereotypes too.
Traffic, on the other hand, was a movie with a solid point. Shame you didn't get it because it's quite poignant.

May 14, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones