Favorite Lyrics From Pearl Jam's Backspacer  

Posted in , ,

Pearl Jam, being my favorite band, I may be biased. Having said that, I think that even if you don't like Eddie's voice (as if that's possible) you have to respect the band's lyrics. Of course, that's just one reason, on a long list, why I respect them.

Lyrically though, they are on a different level. For the sake of this post, I'm going to focus on their new album, Backspacer. It is a short one, but it is still hard to pick a favorite song. So, if we're talking lyrics, which we are, Just Breathe is my favorite:


Yes, I understand that every life must end, uh-huh
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, uh-huh
Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love
Some folks just have one, yeah, others, they've got none

Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

Practiced all my sins, never gonna let me win, uh-huh
Under everything, just another human being, uh-huh
I don't wanna hurt, there's so much in this world to make me believe

Stay with me
You're all I see...

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me

As I come clean...
I wonder everyday, as I look upon your face, uh-huh
Everything you gave
And nothing you would save, oh no

Nothing you would take
Everything you gave...

Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
And I come clean, ah...

Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me til I die
Meet you on the other side...
It is just a beautiful, beautiful song that makes me think of my husband.

♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 at Sunday, September 20, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones