Battlestar Galactica Says Good-bye  

Posted in

So, Battlestar Galactica has come to an end. Sad. It was one of the few sci-fi shows I'd ever gotten into. I don't know what I really wanted from the series finale, but I was disappointed. I guess I expected more twists. The series itself was so full of action and drama. I found myself constantly surprised by the turns the show took along the way. So, to have the ending so cut and dry...well, that was unexpected.

Now, don't get me wrong, the season was great. It was just the end that felt wrong. Honestly, I think I wanted the cylons to win. About half way through the 2 hour 11 minute finale, I thought the humans would all die and I was okay with that. Except for Gaius Baltar that is. If he'd died, I would have been sad.

Laura Roslin and Bill Adama could have both went as far as I was concerned. Both actors were excruciatingly bad. I've never liked Edward James Olmos.

Oh well, I won't have to suffer through their scenes or any scenes for that matter. They do have a spinoff called "Caprica". It is a prequel that takes place 50 years earlier

According to TV guide,

The two-hour pilot/TV movie will debut on DVD on April 21.

That's at least eight months before the Battlestar Galactica prequel begins its 22-episode run on the Sci Fi Channel. Just last month, in fact, BSG producers Ron Moore and David Eick confirmed to TVGuide.com's Nerd High Priestess Erin Fox that Caprica wouldn't premiere on the Sci Fi Channel until 2010.

Caprica traces the story of two families, the Adamas and the Greystones. Eric Stoltz stars as Daniel Greystone, whose work with computers crosses ethical lines in the field of artificial intelligence. Central to the series' place in the Battlestar mythology is the story of the first Cylon.
I'm excited to see it frankly. I hate endings and knowing something else is coming eases the blow a bit.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at Wednesday, March 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

April 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones