Favorite Coen Brothers Film  

Posted in ,

Raising Arizona. The Coen Brothers are best known for movies like O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Big Lebowski, and Fargo and now No Country for Old Men, amongst many others.
My favorite though is actually Raising Arizona with Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter. and John Goodman. That movie was good stuff. Cage made this back before he got too serious about his films and bordered on being a nut job.

Cage plays H.I., a completely different kind of nut. He and Holly Hunter's character, Ed, steal a baby and the hilarity ensues. The best scene is when Cage (H.I.) robs a convenience store

H.I.: I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.
Ed: [Sees H.I. from the car] That son' bitch. That son of a bitch! You son of a bitch!
H.I.: And make it quick, I'm in dutch with the wife.

and then you see Cage running down the street with hose over his head, carrying these Huggies diapers under his arm. It's priceless. If you haven't seen it, then you really should.

You can see my review of No Country for Old Men here. Please feel free to let me know what your favorite Coen Brothers movie is.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Saturday, April 5, 2008 at Saturday, April 05, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Yes, I agree.
Nicolas Cage has gone doown hill ever since.

April 16, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones