Favorite Book by Gregory Maguire  

Posted in ,

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister is my favorite. I liked this book alot better than Gregory Maguire's "Mirror Mirror". Once you get used to the way that he writes, it flows really nicely. I thought the imagery was nice. In some places it reads alot like poetry to me and I like that as well.

As with all of Maguire's books, it was done from a new perspective and it actually made me dislike Cinderella, which I didn't expect. Finally, there was resolution at the end and I didn't walk away disappointed. What more can you ask for?

Other Reviews:

Mirror Mirror. This was the first Gregory Maguire book that I read. I almost didn't get past the first chapter of this book because it read too much like Shakespeare to me. However, I pushed on and I was glad that I did because it didn't take long to catch on.

True, the story took some bizarre turns, but I actually fell in love with the way that Maguire writes. I liked the different perspectives that he told the story from. I thought it was an interesting take on the story of Snow White. The only thing that I would warn against is that it isn't child-friendly and I didn't feel any real resolution in the end.




Son Of A Witch. On the good side, this book had interesting spins on the characters; and once I got past the first few chapters, I was riveted to the point that I could not put it down.

On the negative side, I didn’t care for a lot of the military storyline and I didn’t feel real resolution at the end at all. The more I read Gregory Maguire’s books, the more I realize how disappointing his endings tend to be. It’s unfortunate because he is a good writer. Even if you don’t like the ending though, something has to be said for the journey.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at Wednesday, April 16, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones