Batman vs. Superman & Other Superheroes  

Posted in

It has long been a debate between my husband and I on who is better, Batman or Superman. My husband loves comics and he says Batman. It's not that I don't like Batman, I actually enjoy Batman movies a great deal, but I say Batman is just a rich guy with some cool gadgets. True, he is darker and more B.A. than Superman; but under the premise of being a "superhero", Superman wins. He is truly "super", whereas Batman is a mere man. If he were poor and couldn't afford his toys, then he would be nothing.

My husband's big comeback is that Superman can be done in by kryptonite and that Batman apparently knows how to kill all the other superheroes. Well, my comeback to that is this, I know how to kill Batman. You just wait until the day, when he's not in his armored car and shoot him, or stab him, or beat him to death. He's human.

Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman. I never knew why Michael Keaton stopped playing the character. It couldn't have been that he had anything better to do because he hasn't done anything good since. I thought Val Kilmer and George Clooney were okay. Christian Bale, was good in this part, but in general, he's too dry for me.

I really liked the Scarecrow character in Batman Begins. I'm a big fan of the actor who played him, Cillian Murphy. My only problem with the movie was that Batman wouldn't kill that one guy in the beginning but then probably killed hundreds in the destruction of the city that he was trying to save. That's what I'm talking about, in Batman's quest to show off what his cool car can do, he destroyed rooftop after rooftop in Gotham City. Streets aren't good enough for Batman. Guess what Superman does if he wants to get to the rooftop. He flies!

I am very excited for the next Batman though. It's just sad that Heath Ledger won't be around to continue his role as the Joker.

As far as Superman goes, I think the last movie, Superman Returns, was good. It stayed true to what Superman is about. Kevin Spacey did a great job as Lex Luthor. I was bummed, at first, that Tom Welling wasn't going to play Superman because I really liked him in Smallville. I gave up on that show after 10 years of the same storyline. Clark chasing after Lana. Move on already, I did. It was driving me crazy.

Brandon Routh did a good job in the movie role.

I like Spider-Man too. He's definitely a different kind of superhero. I don't love Tobey Maguire; but he's done a good job I guess. Spider-Man 3 is actually my favorite of the Spider-Man movies. I liked Venom and seeing Spider-Man's dark side.






X-Men might actually be my favorite superhero movie. They screwed up the last one but the first two were good.








The Incredible Hulk is the only movie of this kind I didn't like. I'm not even sure if he's considered a superhero but I thought I should mention him since they are making yet another movie. Why, after the Ang Lee's 2003 disaster they would think that we would want another, I do not know. Edward Norton plays Bruce Banner this time around. I do like Edward Norton so maybe this will be different. Let's hope.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at Tuesday, April 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

All I have to say is Tower of Babel. This is why Batman is the best - granted his secrets did get stolen, but he had figured out how to take out the whole JLA if they ever went bad. Here's another thing Superman has actually been killed - Batman not a chance.

April 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Who would you rather take on in a fight? The man of steel or a human in a bat suit? Come on. Don't even mention krytonite because if a fight just breaks out, you're not going to get your hands on any of that. If I'm fighting Superman and he flies off, I have no defense. If I'm fighting Batman, I go for the eyes. Even if the fight ends badly on my part, when I see Bruce Wayne has a patch over his eye the next day, guess who figured out his secret and exposes him to the world. Gotham City is then left disappointed that their hero is just a man. Now, I admit Superman could use a better disguise but this happens all of the time. People think they know you and don't assume you're anything different. Nobody thinks Clark Kent could ever be Superman so they don't see the obvious.

April 24, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Anonymous  

Personally, I think Batman is cooler, but he actually has no powers whereas Superman is loaded with them.
Batman gets by on gadgets, but Superman would kick his nipple-suited butt in a fight.
Though I'm sure Batman is a better ballroom dancer...
Just ask Robin.

April 25, 2008 at 8:34 AM

I always enjoyed wathcing the Superman movies, but when the Batman movies came out that was it. I too thought Michael Keaton was the best Batman by far but I enjoyed seeing how different actors play the role. Cloney and Kilmer were actually good too. To this day I don't care much for the Spiderman movies, they are OK but to me they are not better than Batman. I am kindda looking forward to the new "Iron Man" movie, the previous promise for a good entertaining movie.

April 27, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I'm excited about Iron Man but probably won't get to see it right away. I'm holding out to get a babysitter for when the new Batman comes out instead. I do like Robert Downey Jr though.

May 1, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones