Best in Country Music  

Posted in ,

I actually don't like a lot of country music, especially newer country. Though I don't like country music, I can respect that it is it's own style. So I kind of have this theory that country music should sound like country music and all of these cross-over people like Shania Twain and Faith Hill need to choose. Either you're country or pop, not both. These are mys favorite country artists:

Patsy Cline. I used to listen to Patsy Cline every day when I was in high school. I thought I sounded just like her until I recorded myself and realized, not only do I not sound like her, but I probably shouldn't sing anymore period.

My dad was at her last show before she died and she walked right by him. Hearing that story always made me long for the days where stars weren't afraid of their fans and they would actually intermingle with them.

She was an amazing artist and is high above most female artists for me. My top 5 Patsy Cline songs are:

Leavin' On Your Mind
Crazy, of course
Walkin' After Midnight
Why Can't He Be You
She's Got You

Dolly Parton. Dolly comes to mind because she was just on American Idol and I thought, she's got to go On My Lists for sure. Dolly Parton is very country and proud of it and I love her for it. She just is who she is, and that's a great singer/song writer. I have much respect for her.





The Mavericks. I don't know how I discovered The Mavericks only that I'm glad I did. I've loved them for about 11 years now I guess. No, this isn't my typical type of band, but I really do just adore the lead singer, Raul Malo's voice. I think he could sing any type of music and I'd love it. He does have some solo albums as well but this is for top country band.

I know the bass player, Robert Reynolds, was married to Trisha Yearwood before she married Garth Brooks. Other than that, I don't know much about them. Incidentally, you will not be seeing Garth Brooks On My Lists because I can't stand the man. That's all there is to it in case you were wondering.

I can't pick top 5 for them because I love them all, but here are some of my favs:

What a Crying Shame
There Goes My Heart
I Should Have Been True
Dance The Night Away
Dream River


Johnny Cash. I didn't get Johnny Cash for a long time. Then, one day, something clicked in me and I finally understood why everyone liked him so much.


Honorable Mentions: Willie Nelson & Hank Williams

Who's your favorite?

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at Wednesday, April 02, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones