# 1 best book series  

Posted in ,

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows

These books are collectively the best, but might possibly be the best books individually as well. But we'll just say they're the best series of books. Note, that I did not say children's books because these books go beyond being mere children's books. I'm 30 and I've read them all. I know people in their 50's and 60's who have too.

My husband is actually the person who convinced me to read them after he read the first one. I had seen the first movie and loved it, but I usually read thrillers or true crime so I didn't know if this would be my cup of tea. Still, I did it to appease him so he'd stop bugging me and I was so glad I did.

The books were so much better than the movies and they were addicting like nothing I'd read before. Some nights, I was up to 3 or 4 in the morning because I couldn't stop reading. Now, those are good books, to say the least.

I was trying to decide my favorite Harry Potter book and it's really hard. If I were made to choose, I guess maybe Order of the Phoenix. What's yours?

On a different note: though I love J.K. Rowling as an author, I don't care for her as a person. I feel like she didn't care enough about her readers. She kept saying she was going to do what she wanted with the characters, which turned out to be fine, but it was the way she said it. I was scared for years that she was going to kill off Harry for goodness sake. Also, I was upset that she said that Dumbledore was gay. I mean that's fine if he is but what did that have to do with anything? If it was important that he was gay, she should have put it in the books. Otherwise, I didn't see that it mattered.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at Tuesday, April 01, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones