#1 best movie: Silence of the Lambs  

Posted in ,

Silence of the Lambs. Now, this is a personal choice based on the fact that this movie had a profound affect on me. I originally saw the movie in the theaters when I was 13 (to give you an idea of how old I am). I actually saw it with my half sister, which I specify “half” because my more immediate family wouldn’t have let me see this movie.

However, I was so glad she did because I discovered a passion for criminal psychology as a result. I actually got my degree in it and I even later tattooed the death's head moth on my back in homage.

There was something about seeing a bad guy, Hannibal Lecter, portrayed as a likable character that intrigued me. I don't know if it was that it hadn't been done or if it was just my age, but I had never seen that before.

Typically, a character like his would have been shown to be a crazy monster. The fact that he was portrayed as an actual intelligent human being made me wonder what drove such people to commit horrible acts, but I digress.

That aside, the movie is truly chilling to the core of my being and there aren’t a lot of movies who would get that description from me.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 1, 2009 at Sunday, March 01, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones