#1 best actor: Brando Baby!  

Posted in ,

Marlon Brando. Mind you that a lot of Brando’s movies were before my time; but I do like older movies, especially Streetcar.

If you have any doubts about Brando's acting ability, you have to see this movie. There is a scene (no, it’s not the infamous “Stella!” scene) where he gets mad and throws a plate across the room. That scene, in it’s self, is so believable that it makes me feel just as uneasy as if I were sitting in the room with them.





I think it's sad to think of all the people who will only think of him for what he became and not for the body of work that he put out into the world. People growing up now may never know just how great he was. Those same people, however, have posters of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe in their bedrooms, but Brando was better than them all.

If you want to know more about the man, I would highly recommend his autobiography, Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at Sunday, March 08, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones