# 4 worst director: Spike Lee  

Posted in ,

Spike Lee. If you read my Denzel post, then you probably knew this was coming. I was introduced to my first Spike Lee movie, Do the Right Thing in a film class. While there were aspects of the movie that I liked, I felt like the end ruined it for me.

It was like he was trying to make a point about racism but missed it himself. I actually believe, like with Denzel, that Spike Lee is racist. I believe that he uses his movies as an acceptable art form in which to express those views.

The fact is, I don't know that he even tries to hide it and I actually prefer he didn't. If he is racist, then I'd rather know it than not. It's better than pretending.

That's here nor there though because it's not the only reason I don't like him as a director. On top of that, I feel that his movies are too gritty with unnecessary sexual content. I realize that now, sexually explicit movies are all we see, but back in 1989 when that movie came out, it seemed really racy.

I do understand that many people completely disagree and that's fine, but this is how I feel about it.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 at Thursday, August 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

His first effort ["She's Gotta Have It"] I thought for an independent film it was a great job-- even though I thought it a bit risque.

Q...

August 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Yeah, I feel ya. Not only do I feel that Spike Lee is racist, I also know for a fact that he's a jackass to his fans unless they're young, female and pretty.

I used to work at Paschal's in Atlanta where the SCLC used to meet and he showed up. I stood in line to get his autograph and when I got to him it was like I was a waste of his time.

He claims that by definition that it's impossible for a black man to be racist. Maybe he should read the words of the definition rather than twist them to make him look like a martyr.

Jeez, listen to me rant! Sorry about that. Love your blog.

October 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

October 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones