#4 Best Actress: Nicole Kidman: The unpredictable  

Posted in ,

I recently watched, The Golden Compass and it just made me think about how unpredictable Nicole Kidman's films are. I didn't always like her, especially when she was with Tom Cruise, but she won me over with Moulin Rouge. Then she did The Others and The Hours, both of which I really liked. Not to mention Cold Mountain, which I loved.

Now one would think that, at this point, you can feel assured that seeing Nicole Kidman's name on a movie, means it's going to be good, but no. Then she does things like Eyes Wide Shut, Dogville, and Birth. Why? Why is she drawn towards these strange films?

It's too bad because I feel like she's on the verge of being really great; but part of being great is picking good films to associate yourself with. She doesn't have that part down yet.

That being said, she is still in my top 5 because, as I've mentioned before, I don't have a lot of favorite actresses. When I think of the ones out there, Nicole's high on the list, bad movie choices and all.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at Tuesday, March 10, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I've often thought about this very same thing, and the answer I came up with: Nicole Kidman is a true actress. While many of her film decisions might seem odd to us, it proves she's not afraid to take chances or challenge herself. You mentioned "Birth," which I thought was a decent movie. Yes, it was strange and made me feel very uncomfortable at times, but sometimes that's the mark of a truly good film.

I'll certainly be interested in watching Nicole Kidman's future film role choices.

July 16, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones