#4 best movie: Psycho  

Posted in ,

Psycho. As I said before, I love Alfred Hitchcock; but this is my favorite Hitchcock film. I can imagine that when this came out it was terrifying. I know that when I was younger, I'd have to watch it with my hands in front of my face, peeking out between my fingers. I wanted to see, but didn't.

Honestly, I've probably watched it fifty times and still find it chilling. The last part at the end of the first film, when Norman is sitting at the station and he looks up with that deviant stare, that's priceless. One of the best movie moments ever.

Now, I also liked Psycho II & III, but IV had huge flaws. I really wish Anthony Perkins wouldn't have done that one.

Gus Van Sant's re-make sucked. I mean I like Vince Vaughn, but he's no Anthony Perkins. Anthony Perkins made that role and no one will ever do it justice in comparison. I especially hated that the director copied the shots, but then added a masturbation scene. The original didn't have to be sexually explicit to get the message across.

"She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes."

-Norman Bates

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 1, 2009 at Sunday, March 01, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones