# 2 most over-rated comedian/actor  

Posted in , ,

Jack Black. Yeah, I thought Jack Black was funny when I saw him in High Fidelity. Little did I know but he was going to be that same character in every movie from then on. Guess what? It gets old quick.
Not only is he a one trick pony but then he introduces his friend, Kyle Gass from their band, Tenacious D who is equally annoying, if not worse.

Still, with all his faults people love him and I don't get it. I have no patience for actors who bring nothing new to their characters time after time.

That isn't to say that I've never enjoyed any of his movies. I like Nacho Libre. I liked Shallow Hal. I just need something drastically different from him because what he keeps doing is done already.

♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at Thursday, March 27, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

over-rated? NO WAY! even when he just twitches his finger or something he is so funny. I almost died from lack of oxygen laughing so much during Nacho Libre.

April 3, 2008 at 2:25 AM

I don't think I could agree with you more. I think Jack Black is extremely over-rated, and has little range.

As for "Nacho Libre," after I saw it I wanted to quite watching movies altogether.

April 4, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Ed T., I'm not saying Jack Black can't be funny, he can but it's the same type of funny in everything he does. If he was doing stand-up then that's who you are. If you consider yourself a comedic "actor" I'd prefer that you're able to act like someone other than yourself.

Social Citizen knows what I'm talking about; but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.

April 4, 2008 at 3:30 PM

wow, pretty stuck up sounding people, get over yourselves,... it's called a conversation lighten up people wow!

April 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM

I didn't mean to come off wrong Ed T. I was only stating my opinion. You are more than allowed to have a different one and I do welcome the conversation.

April 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones