# 2 most over-rated comedian/actor  

Posted in , ,

Jack Black. Yeah, I thought Jack Black was funny when I saw him in High Fidelity. Little did I know but he was going to be that same character in every movie from then on. Guess what? It gets old quick.
Not only is he a one trick pony but then he introduces his friend, Kyle Gass from their band, Tenacious D who is equally annoying, if not worse.

Still, with all his faults people love him and I don't get it. I have no patience for actors who bring nothing new to their characters time after time.

That isn't to say that I've never enjoyed any of his movies. I like Nacho Libre. I liked Shallow Hal. I just need something drastically different from him because what he keeps doing is done already.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at Thursday, March 27, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

over-rated? NO WAY! even when he just twitches his finger or something he is so funny. I almost died from lack of oxygen laughing so much during Nacho Libre.

April 3, 2008 at 2:25 AM

I don't think I could agree with you more. I think Jack Black is extremely over-rated, and has little range.

As for "Nacho Libre," after I saw it I wanted to quite watching movies altogether.

April 4, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Ed T., I'm not saying Jack Black can't be funny, he can but it's the same type of funny in everything he does. If he was doing stand-up then that's who you are. If you consider yourself a comedic "actor" I'd prefer that you're able to act like someone other than yourself.

Social Citizen knows what I'm talking about; but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.

April 4, 2008 at 3:30 PM

wow, pretty stuck up sounding people, get over yourselves,... it's called a conversation lighten up people wow!

April 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM

I didn't mean to come off wrong Ed T. I was only stating my opinion. You are more than allowed to have a different one and I do welcome the conversation.

April 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones