Saddest Song Ever  

Posted in

I was watching VH1's The Great Debate and for saddest song they had Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" vs. Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You". Really? Can they even be serious. Eric Clapton took it, thank goodness. VH1 would have gotten a letter of outrage if he hadn't.

I'm not even a big Clapton fan, but that song would probably be my pick for saddest song ever because of the reason behind it. I know there's been songs about loss. Heck, the blues and country music are based on it, not to mention emo, but losing a kid is definitely the worst thing that could ever happen to a person on this earth.

Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You" wouldn't even be in my top 100 saddest songs or any other for that matter. Though Prince did write it and I like me some Prince.

Of course, I do have some songs that are personally sad. Songs that remind me of my own losses that would also be up there, but they wouldn't necessarily mean anything to anyone else. In fact, I have a whole playlist dedicated to it. Now Adam Lambert is on there, which doesn't mean anything to me per say, but it fit within this list better than the others I've made. Enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Sunday, July 5, 2009 at Sunday, July 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones