Artists Gone Too Soon  

Posted in ,

With Michael Jackson's death it makes me think about all the artists who were "gone too soon". Of course there are the obvious ones, like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, but here's some loses I mourn:

Jeff Buckley- I was into a different type of music when Jeff Buckley came out, but as I've gotten older, I can appreciate the beauty of his music. I really think he was special. I hate that he died before we got to see where he could have gone. Sadly, he drowned at only 31 years old. That's how old I am now...so sad.




Mother Love Bone's front man, Andrew Wood. Mother Love Bone's member's Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament later came together to form Pearl Jam after Wood overdosed on heroin.

When I was in high school I had a Mother Love Bone video I would watch every single day. Even though I love Pearl Jam like no other, Andrew Wood's death still saddens me.



Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon. I loved them, especially him. He had everything going for him. I wish it would have been enough. Unfortunately, for those who don't know, it was drugs...again. It's certainly nothing we haven't seen before, but I wish people would learn from other's mistakes. It can happen to you.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at Saturday, July 11, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones