# 3 best director  

Posted in ,

M. Night Shyamalan. I love the way his mind works. True, his movies usually take a twist that render them unforgettable and thus, sometimes, unwatchable for a second time. I mean once you know the end of, let's say, The Sixth Sense, you don't really need to watch it again. However, that one time makes it worth it.
“Art is the ability to convey that we are not alone. When I sit down next to you in a movie theater, we get to share each other's point of view. We become part of a collective soul. That's the magic in the movies.”

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at Tuesday, March 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I definitely agree with you on this one. I think he's an amazing director. Although not always commercial or critical hits, his films provoke thought.

My favorite: "The Village"

March 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM

I agree, he's a great director, one of the best right now. He's supposedly directing a live action feature of, "The Avatar",...I totally thought he was unfairly criticized for "Lady in the Water". I thought it was a fantastic film. People expect an artist to repeat his formula each time or something. I applaud him for stepping out in new directions.

March 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Thanks for your comments, I completely agree about "Lady in the Water". It was a children's story. I thought it was imaginative and very well done.

March 29, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones